The 10th KFC Langkawi International Regatta Perdana 2013.
Participants from MYF
Ye Chit Oo
Htin Lin Aung
Min Thaw Kaung
Min Thiha Aung
Nadi Lin Latt
Myat Pan Khwar Nyo
Hnin Wadi Soe
Theingi Win Shwe
Moe Khant Thadin Hlamyint
Thurein Tun Oo
Aung Myat Moe
Oak Gar Moe
Kaung Htet Myat
Khin Nyo Linn
Sett Naing Aung
Naing Linn Tun
List of Nations Participating
- Hong Kong
- မိမိတို႕အေနႃဖင္႕ႏိုင္ငံျခားႃပိဳင္ပြဲေတြ ႕ အႄကံဳရရန္
- ယခင္မိမိတို႕သြားေရာက္ယွၪ္ႃပိဳင္ခဲ႕ေသာ 29th KFC မွအမွားမ်ားကိုႃပဳႃပင္၍ႃပိဳင္ပြဲဝင္ရန္
- မိမိတို႕ႃပိဳင္ဘက္၏လကရည္ အေႃခအေနကိုသိ႐ွိရန္
Day 1 – Rigging and Tuning the boat
Day 2 – Speed testing with Malaysia Boats
Tacking and Gybing on whistle
Day 3 – Speed testing with Malaysia Boats
Focus on boat speed and trimming crew movement
Day 4 – Speed testing in morning session
Short race in evening session
Day 5 – Racing with Malaysia Team
Short course in morning, Long course in evening
Day 6 – Boats preparation and prepare to get ready for regatta
Rest in the evening
Day 1 – First Race started at 1100 am
Wind speed up to 10 to 13 knots
Sailors started to show their talent in first race
We had very good upwind and boats speed
But in downwind, the boys always lose 2 to 3 boats
Day 2 – Fist starting Gun at 1000
Wind was still good as yesterday but condition about the sea was shifty and current was strong. In starting line, current was pushing from behind and that made us got over the line. We got one black flag for Moe Khant and Thurein.
Day 3 – Starting was the same time as yesterday. Wind and current were still strong. We were very disappointed to all the sailors with their starting. But boys were not as bad as girls who got black flag
Day 4 – Last Day starting Gun at 1000. Only two race was left. That day became important for the girls. They were leading the whole fleet throughout every race.They did very well at upwind, reaching and downwind but they still need to improve more in planning and crew spinnaker work.
- It would have been seem very good result for the girls. Their upwind and boat handling were very improved compare to the previous regatta. They are trying to improve reaching, downwind and starting.
- For the boys were good at start. They still need to work on trimming, crew work, balancing at the upwind and also fleet controls technique which are still weak. For reaching and downwind, crews should play more with spinnaker. Helms must know what others do and maintain their position, concentrating on waving, planning to go to downwind mark.
- About our opponent, they look very stable and they are very competitive with each other in their fleet. They are working hard especially the 420 boys. They are really good and ready enough.
- For the girls, the helm is really smart at reaching and downwind. They can sail very smartly.
Nay La Kyaw
Int’l 420 Coach